Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Better lighting

I decided to upgrade the headlight now that the bike is working better.
I was surprised at the size of the new lamp, it was huge in comparison.
It was difficult to get the spring clip on the new lamp due to the heat sink but it installed.
I left the rubber seal off so the heat sink could have air flow.

This is a shot of the beam of the old bulb in the garage with the overhead lighting on.
This is a shot with the new bulb installed, much whiter light and brighter as well
It looks like a headlight now, not nearly as dim as before, waiting for dark to give it a road test.
I bought a lamp that was supposed to be error free, but the high or low beam flashes to show a bulb error, I tried some resistance and didn't solve the problem. Not a big deal for me, I will take the better lighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment