Monday, June 15, 2015

Overheating, The bike and I

Summer is coming in quick and hot, and the bike isn't happy with it.
I returned home from a 35 mile drive and plugged the bike in, high temp and battery lights then service icon followed, great..
The display indicated 36C and the charger will not stay running.
I eventually got the charger to work, letting the bike cool overnight. I took a trip into town and returned to charge and encountered the same issue.
Connection of the canbus service program showed a high reading on one of the temp sensors and erratic operation of the group. I took things apart and of course, it was the one under the second layer of batteries.
I located the harness from the second bike and with some effort swapped out the sensors.
So far the temperatures look good, and the charger is working well. I added a fan to the battery box as well as a precaution. More testing on the warm days to follow to confirm things are all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment