Sunday, December 28, 2014

Debugging the charge

I have been trying some firmware updates for the charger and had to install the slower speed motor controller firmware to allow it to work.
After some tuning of the program, the charge works but only if  the battery has been run down faily low. Topping the charge seems to take much longer and the battery light has been on since the program change.
I was hoping to get around the resetting of the fuel gauge periodically due to the BMS and Cycle analyst power draw with key off but this has not been the case.
I have been driving quite a bit untill the cold set in, getting 50 miles range is great and reduces my anxiety over running low on power.
I found a winter project for the bike, a trunk mount on Ebay and a trunk, should be installing soon.

1 comment:

  1. Jerry...Will you help me with my Vectrix VX-1 conversion...? Ryals Cheek in Georgia (mistercheek@ellijay.com)

    ReplyDelete